Gentle Touch Foot Care has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC and NJ Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff already used standard infection control practices.
In accordance with current guidelines and recommendations, we have put extra protocols in place to reduce risk to our patients and medical staff members.
- We ask that any patient or family member, that displays symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, to reschedule appointments until they are free from symptoms for at least 24 hours. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- We are requiring all patients and visitors to use the hand sanitizer located outside our office door before entering the office.
CDC recommends to take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza, by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
For more information, check out the following:
Dr. Bruce Theall