Swelling of your legs is very common if you're on long flights or drives while traveling for the holidays. Sitting for long periods of time can cause blood to pool around your legs. There are some simple ways to avoid.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes, shoes and socks.
- Take a short walk every hour or so.
- Flex and extend your ankles and knees frequently while you’re seated.
- Shift your position in your seat as much as possible, being careful to avoid crossing your legs for extended periods.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
There are many ways to treat these problems. If you or anyone you know has experienced foot pain due to sudden weight gain visit us at Gentle Touch Foot Care. A podiatrist is the only person that is trained in a specialized field in medicine for anything concerning the lower extremity, foot and ankle, that’s why it is important for you to visit your podiatrist if there are any problems concerning your feet. If there you have any other questions feel free to contact Dr. Theall’s and Dr. Saleh’s Gentle Touch Foot Care office for all your foot and ankle needs and concerns at 973 673 – 3668.